Most of us already know what healthy eating is and what to eat less of. What to eat more of and HOW to consistently, deliciously make it happen are the much bigger issues. Staying excited about food you make in your own kitchen is important, REALLY important! It’s time to simplify, be nourished and soar in all that matters most to you!
Patricia advocates an 80-20 approach in which most choices are healthy (about 80%) but room is left for pleasurable indulgences (about 20%). Food is FAR more than vitamins and minerals! Nourishment is MUCH MORE than just nutrition!
Just a few highlights from her diverse portfolio include:
- Translating the latest food news into do-able advice by providing expert comment to Yahoo, Canada.com, Huffington Post, Postmedia, The Globe and Mail, CTV, CBC National News, Global TV, Chatelaine, Canadian Living, the Vancouver Sun, The Province, CFAX radio and many other key media outlets
- Developing hundreds of original recipes using fresh, healthy ingredients
- Creating effective food and nutrition public relations campaigns
- Speaking to over 2500 corporate, sport + community groups – including many keynote addresses
- Writing and publishing 6 books including: The 101 Most Asked Nutrition Questions and The 80-20 Cookbook: Eating for Energy Without Deprivation, and contributing to several others
- Serving as Senior Nutrition Consultant to SportMedBC and advising athletes and coaches from little league to pro. Previously, nutritionist for the Vancouver Grizzlies NBA team and the Vancouver Whitecaps Soccer Club.
- Working behind the scenes and on camera for a major supermarket retailer where she gained tremendous insight into how and why food is sold the way it is and helped create an award-winning well-being initiative. Patricia went on to serve as founding Chair Canada’s first Retail Dietitians Advisory Group.
- Leading a learn-to-run program
- Inventing an outstanding all-purpose gluten-free flour featuring Canadian-grown bean flour
- Serving as a mentor to students and dietitians. Patricia was elected by her colleagues as Chair, Dietitians of Canada Board of Directors
- Although no longer offering individual consultations, Patricia spent over 25 years assisting people in resolving their food and nutrition challenges and has an intimate understanding of what it takes to permanently stay on course and sail smoothly through a sea of confusing food and diet messages
- Being a busy Mom and having fun getting kids enthusiastic about yummy, healthy eating
“Healthy eating should be pretty easy. It’s less about discipline and more about choosing food that provides the fuel to leave you feeling great. It’s not about avoidance or micromanaging every morsel. Go ahead and eat cake or enjoy a glass of wine. Just be sure your actual needs are met. This includes the need to move with exercise!”
Patricia enjoys creating new recipes. Her specialty is delicious, healthy meals that can be made in 30 minutes or less. She’s thrilled to see the sparkle in her clients’ eyes and extra spring in their step when they figure out healthy eating. She loves fun, family times and an active outdoor life enjoying nature’s simple, spectacular beauty!
She really is a country mouse in city mouse clothing! Read more here.