Shrove Tuesday, aka Pancake Tuesday, as my motivation today, at LONG LAST I’m FINALLY posting this recipe. It’s a much loved beauty of a breakfast that fills the kitchen with a delicious apple cinnamon aroma. It’s perfect for a fancy occasion but honestly easy enough to make any day. Topped with a little whipped cream, it can do double duty as dessert. Enjoy!
Apple Pancake Puff Serves 4 (if you’re lucky), maybe just 2, depending what accompanies it
- 3 cups thinly sliced apples, unpeeled (or fruit of your choice)
- 1½ Tbsp butter or vegetable oil l
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2/3 cup all-purpose or gluten-free flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar l
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Lightly mist an 8-inch casserole dish with cooking oil spray.
- Place apples and butter in the baking dish. Set in oven for 5-7 minutes as it heats up. Remove and toss with melted butter.
- In mixing bowl, beat eggs well. Add milk and beat a bit more. Add flour, baking powder and salt. Beat to combine well.
- Pour egg mixture over warmed fruit in the baking pan. Sprinkle evenly with cinnamon and sugar.
- Return to oven and bake for 20 minutes or until pancake puffs up and is lightly browned. Enjoy served warm right away. Like a soufflé, puff will fall shortly after coming out of the oven. Be sure everyone gets a good look at this beauty when first taken out of the oven. Have those cameras ready! 😉